Raman the detective

kishan
Raman the detective
kids story


As Tenali Raman leisurely strolled along a forest path, his peaceful walk was interrupted by a distressed merchant who approached him urgently. Eager to seek assistance, the merchant inquired, "Excuse me, sir. Have you perchance seen my wandering camel? It has strayed from my sight, and I fear I may never find it."

Curious, Raman asked, "Did the camel happen to injure its leg in its misadventure?"

"Yes, indeed!" exclaimed the merchant, a glimmer of hope shining in his eyes. "So, you have encountered my camel?"

Raman the detective
kids story


Regrettably, Raman clarified, "I haven't personally laid eyes upon your camel. However, I did come across telltale footprints that indicated the presence of an animal favoring three legs while the fourth seemed to be burdened by an injury."

Fueled by excitement, the merchant responded, "Yes, that's it! You must have seen my camel!"

Calmly, Raman explained, pointing towards the footprints on the ground, "Allow me to clarify. I merely observed these footprints, depicting the distinct gait of an animal with three functional legs, while the fourth one seemed to drag due to an injury."

Curiosity piqued, Raman continued, "May I inquire, was this camel blind in one eye?"

Overwhelmed with enthusiasm, the merchant eagerly replied, "Yes, absolutely!"

Satisfied, Raman pressed further, "And did it carry a load of wheat on one side and sugar on the other?"

The merchant nodded, his eyes widening in surprise. "Indeed, you are correct!"

Ecstatic, he exclaimed, "So, you have indeed encountered my camel!"

Raman the detective
camel story


Raman, however, appeared disheartened. He clarified, "But I never claimed to have seen your camel."

Confusion enveloped the merchant as he retorted, "Yet you have provided an exact description of my camel!"

Gently, Raman addressed the merchant's misconception. "I may have depicted the traits of an animal, my friend, but I haven't personally laid eyes upon your camel."

The merchant's frustration grew, "I acknowledge your astute observations, but my beloved camel remains unseen."

Raman the detective
kids story


Raman, determined to shed light on the situation, pointed to the surroundings. "Take notice of the plants aligned on both sides of this path. You will observe that foliage on the left has been consumed, while the plants on the other side remain untouched. This implies that the animal possessed the ability to perceive its surroundings using only one eye."

Drawing the merchant's attention downward, Raman continued, "Direct your gaze here. You will spot a trail of ants diligently marching on this side. It indicates that the animal carried a bag of sugar on this particular flank, which evidently had a small hole, causing the sugar to gradually fall off."

He then gestured towards the opposite side, stating, "On this side, you can observe grains of wheat scattered about. Hence, it can be inferred that the bag on this flank also suffered from perforations, leading to the loss of wheat."

The merchant, witnessing Raman's keen observations, couldn't help but voice his perplexity. "I acknowledge everything you have shown me," he protested, "but my camel remains unseen."

Raman the detective
kids story


Undeterred, Raman offered a solution. "Follow this trail diligently, and soon you shall be reunited with your animal. After all, it is injured in one leg, while you are hale and hearty."

Moved by Raman's advice, the merchant decided to trust his guidance and followed the trail left by the camel.

Before long, he caught sight of his poor limping companion and joyously called out, "Rani!" Running towards the camel, the merchant embraced his beloved creature, relief washing over him. 

Post a Comment

1Comments
Post a Comment